Saturday, December 02, 2006

Red and green blog-a-thon begins...

Posted by PicasaI'm in a Christmasy mood!

I've decided to post red and green pictures every day until Christmas. It is fun to have my camera with me and to be looking for the colors to be found together in nature.

This is shot is a flower in our front yard. It draws butterflies and hummingbirds like crazy, dies down in winter but comes back in the summer.

The last 24 hours have been busy-fun!

Bernie and I headed downtown for the Nano wrap party. Mostly 20-somethings, at an apartment with a Maine Coon cat and a baby white with black trim kitten. The kitten was a pistol! The Nano folk were hilarious, brilliant, and if my Bell's hadn't been bothering my eye we would have stayed till the wee hours! "Chuckybones" the Houston area moderator gave me one of the Nano 2006 posters. It is a key board with finger prints on the keys. I'll try to get a picture later...

EVERY THING was going on today. I could be in five places at once and still be missing half a dozen other things:

Dickens on the Strand, which is Galveston Island's Christmas event. Everyone dresses like Dicken's Victorian England. The Queen even make an appearance (an actor dressed as Victoria.) We've been in Houston six years and STILL haven't gone. Everyone says the hot set up is to get a hotel room down there and stay for the weekend.

Also going on in the Houston area:

There are historic home tours.

There are decorated home tours.

There is the premier of "Enron, the Musical" (sung to the tune of "What do you do with a problem like Maria: Change Marie to Jeff Skillings, and you get the idea)

"Frog and Toad around the World" is playing. It is a musical that was nominated the same year as Hairspray. F&T is based on Arnold Lobel's classic children's books, and I would LOVE to go see it...

Peter Nygard had a showing of his fashions downtown. He is really being pushed by Dillards, and his stuff is distinctively targeted to the 55-70 year old set. They aren't sporty/classic enough to suit me, but I am eyeing his stuff. Maybe I will want to wear his collection in a couple of years.

And there is shopping. I got a lot of Christmas shopping done today, AND found a style of pants that FIT, so I got two pair and two scarves and a jacket (all this in addition to a pot load of Nordstom clothes the day before Thanksgiving...) so my wardrobe rocks right now. I love that...
It helps to that I have lost 10-12 lbs, so I don't feel so blubbly. High energy indeed!

The weather is staying in the low 50's, perfect Christmas weather. Things are just delightful!
Tonight we are staying home and having dinner in front of the fire. Nice.

No comments: