Saturday, September 23, 2006

Millinery: Autumn begins

Is this not the most perfect Autumn hat? The shape, the perfect curve of the pheasant, that collection of colors and patterns, the buckle on the side all make for a perfect autumn vignette.

I do not know a thing about who made this hat or when, it was just found in Google images during one of my "killing time at work" sessions.

If some one knows who it belongs to and if it is for sale, let me know. It will be a subject of many fantasies until I can get my hands on it.

And no, my dad didn't shoot this particular bird.

And I do apologize if the sight of dead birds on hats offends, but I do maintain that dead birds on hats must be viewed if one is to understand the art and history of millinery. It is interesting, and comforting, to note that the Audubon Society was created in reaction to excessive bird slaughter occuring in response to millinery trim demands. Posted by Picasa

No comments: