Friday, August 04, 2006

Millinery: A Look for Librarians

I'm a librarian, dang it, and I'll read if I want to.
~
And I am. Both a Librarian, and Reading.
Right now I have out, and over due:
"The Life of David" by Robert Pinsky (finished last night, very interesting study)
"In the Stacks:Short Stories about Libraries and Librarians" by Michael Cart (one of my profs)
"Publishing a Blog with Blogger" by Elizabeth Castro (I still have questions! I want a class!)
"Cheaper than Therapy: Joy, Healing & Life Lessons in Fiber" edited by Annie Modesitt (she with the knitted millinery, great short stories from knitters)
"The Images of Librarians in Cinema, 1917-1999" by Ray Tevis and Brenda Tevis (some quotes are hilarious!)
"No Plot? No Problem!: A Low-Stress, High-Velocity Guide to Writing a Novel in 30 Days" by Chris Batty (this could happen....)
"Military Anecdotes" edited by Max Hastings (yes, MILITARY, not MILLINERY)
"
The Dance of Anger" by Harriet Goldhor Lerner (why do women authors mostly have three names?)
" Dance of the Molecules: How Nanotechnology is Changing Our Lives" by Ted Sargent (a theme! Dancing and military stuff!)

I discovered in the Cinema book that librarians are always signified by glasses, bun, "shush", and big white collars. I had missed the big white collars. Gotta work on that.

No comments: