Wednesday, July 27, 2011

The Bridal Veil At Work: How it looked at the wedding

You might remember at the end of June I was creating this bridal head piece?

Pictured above: my first attempt. 
Above that is the final version.
The link under the first picture will get you to the post where I explained my changes.
And here it is on the bride on her wedding day:

I did get to see how the veil that I made looked with bridal gown on the wedding day.
A few pictures were snapped from the digital photos of the event...the bride has not ordered hard copy pictures yet.

With a figure and dress like she had, I think she could have worn an old piece of burlap on her head and still looked gorgeous.
(I am really liking the trend for the groom to wear a suit rather than tux, especially for a day time outdoor wedding).

Finally getting to see the whole dress...well, if I had known a bit more about the dress design I would have made a few decisions differently in the veil/head piece design.
For instance, instead of a round shape I would have made the center a triangle shape, skipped the stamen and used the more tightly ruffled design for the edging that I originally had in my first attempt.
I would have used a much wider ribbon to make the twisted center work much bulkier instead of tight and thin.


I also would have created the piece with more dimensions.
The triangle design would have pointed towards her face and would have had a bit a faceting instead of being flat.

She liked it and I think it looked fine as it was, but as always, with anything I create, I always think I could have done better and would have changed a few things if I had to do it all over again.

It was reassuring to me to see in her wedding pictures that she kept her head piece on and veil down all the way to the very end of the wedding reception where they left not being showered by rice but rather through a line of sparkler waving guests. 

As for her wedding...she said it was just perfect and she wouldn't change a thing.
In the end, that's all that really counts at all anyway.

4 comments:

Vee said...

What a gorgeous bride! She wore the veil beautifully. I do see what you mean about making changes to complement the dress, but you didn't know. That's in the bride's ballpark. Yes, a very handsome couple these two make.

ellen b. said...

Wow...she really wears that well. It really is pretty Jill...

Vicki said...

She made a beautiful bride, and despite the changes you would have made, the headpiece turned out very pretty.

I, too, like a suit-wearing groom with a colorful tie and pocket square, especially for casual or outdoor weddings.

Cristina de Prada - milliner said...

What a lovely bride thanks to your wonderful hat!!