Tuesday, February 09, 2010

Non-Union Snoopervision

Nothing gets done around here without the careful snoopervision from the Faithful Orange Cat Tiggie.
Here he is inside, keeping his furry backside warm while he keeps an eye on things going on outside.

Bernie, on the other hand, is having to work outside in the cold.
Mr. B is a member of the Electrical Union. That means that he considers ALL electrical work to be, well, work.
Including putting up and taking down Christmas lights.
He is happy to work for union wages when he is doing electrical work, but here it is pro bono work.
Tiggie, thank heaven, is non-union. I have no idea what he would charge if he was a union worker.
I'm sure we couldn't afford to pay him standard Feline Union fees.

Eventually Tiggie had to go outside to make sure the job was being done right.

Taking down the Christmas lights the first weekend in February....um....there were a lot of really good ski weekends since Christmas and New Years.
No sense interfering with skiing when taking down the lights could clearly wait awhile.
We just kept our house looking festive a little longer than most folks did.
But at least we (OK, he) got them down eventually.
(And peace was kept between the Union and Non-Union workers as well. )
Like I said in my earlier post...we had a very good weekend!
Posted by Picasa

7 comments:

ellen b. said...

This post makes me smile...

Judy said...

Did the job come in 'on time' and 'on budget'? That seems to be the question of the day over here...what with the Olympics and all. I think they just through all budgets out the window...and had no supervision whatsoever. One day they will let the 'cat out of the bag'.

Enjoy your light-free decor...until next time!

Lovella ♥ said...

Cute post Jill ..with your favorite boys the focus. Christmas lights? Oh yah ..we still have them and I'm mighty tempeted to put our Olympic colored lights on for the next few weeks. .do you think I'd be allowed. ..I'll ask my electrician.

Anonymous said...

And you didn't even have to ask....Mr. B

Sara at Come Away With Me said...

Oh lucky you, to have a certified, unionized electrician around the house! And such a wonderful snoopervising cat too.

Marg said...

I love it! We just leave our lights up all year and now they are red for the Olympics. Who knows what color they will be next?

L&D said...

In these here cat parts we call it "Securicat." It's a company that apparently my cats created and are CEO and president of. I'm sure the start up fees are nominal but I know people who know people (or should I say, cats who know cats) and I could likely get your cats on board for free. Yes, join Securicat. It could go international!