Thursday, June 25, 2009

Oh that garden!

Because sometimes visits to other people's gardens are just incredible...click here and scroll through a daylily collection that will make you gasp.

I am SO looking forward to creating an iris/daylily/bulb flower bed on the west side of our house that currently has vinca and brambles sprawling beside the bricks.

It is hard to be patient...but the garden will eventually happen. And when it does, I'm planning to have a least of few of Gotta Garden's daylilies too, like her "Tremor", "Forever Redeemed", and "Peppermint Pinwheel", for sure!

Which of the flowers would YOU choose?

3 comments:

Sara at Come Away With Me said...

Banshee Whisper, Peppermint Pinwell, Ethel Buccola are my favorites.

It will be fun virtual gardening with you. Maybe I'll learn a thing or two (that is to say, I have everything to learn about gardening)...

Vicki said...

Well, you're on the right track with planting irises...my favorite flower, which does not grow here. When we left KY, I left behind an impressive collection of irises in my garden.

I was oohing and aahing over Greenway...until I scrolled down and saw Bluebird Butterfly! Wow!

Some of the names are even better than the flowers (and the flowers are impressive) - Peace Be With You...Forever Redeemed...Wonder of it All...

They are all beautiful. Peppermint Pinwheel is so unusual, that would definitely be an addition to my "if only" garden.

I envy you. ;)

Vicki said...

I know I started off talking about irises...then ventured off onto the daylilies pictured in the link...but I don't think I clarified that I was talking about daylilies. I was just so overwhelmed by the beauty I got my thoughts all scrambled...

I'm still feeling envious. (And perhaps just a little addled...)