Friday, June 29, 2012

More Vacation...


One day on vacation we just drove around checking out fishing spots and campgrounds.
I would have been happy camping here....

A felled beetled killed tree looked quite interesting when seen from this angle.

Watching Bernie cast is actually quite relaxing. 
 
 No fish here...
 

For late June the water level is very, very low.

We stopped by one of my favorite camping areas: Butterfly Lake.

I had acquired a "moon" chair just for moments like this one.

I ate my lunch while Bernie challenged the fish.
 
(He was more interested in fishing than picnicing..) 

Avalanche lilies were still in bloom here.
Back around our house they bloom in late March and are long gone by now.

After I ate and nodded off for a bit I decided to walk around the lake too.
Looking back at my now empty moon chair...

This flower.... 
 
 Bloomed heavily in meadows around the lake.
 

Another glance back at the moon chair at the far left middle...and our car.
Just so you know how really lazy one can be when finding a place to loll around out in the forest.
This lake even has wheelchair access ramps for wheelchair bound fishing.
 

Happy Bernie...

At another stop:
A beautiful purple flower.

Which was spiking up all over a golden grass meadow.
Also surprising to see mountain tops in the distance that are almost snow free this early in the summer season.
Last year the snows stayed stubbornly until almost August in some campgrounds.
 

Wasn't it great of the Park Service to flag us Oregon State Beavers about a place for us to see things?
Or something like that...
(Beaver Creek was running through the area.  There was also a Beaver Creek Nudist Ranch. We didn't even take a look...)

Bernie's favorite flower was blooming along the river.
He plucked a couple shooting stars and stuck them into the lapel of his fishing vest.
I found that quite romantic.
 
 
I was reading a great book in the car on Bernie's ipod.
He came by and told me I really should explore the river bank.
I am glad I did...it was just the perfect kind of light on the water by then.
 
I always appreciate a butterfly willing to pose...

We went by Mirror Lake and an enormous campground with ranger programs and walks with interpretive materials for kids to explore.
Not the kind of place I want to camp right now...maybe will want to later with grands though...
Can you see the mountains towering over the tree tops?
So majestic!

There were shooting stars blooming heavily all along the stream bank of the last picture.
They are so pretty... 
 
Wish we could grow them in our garden. 
 
Then Bernie could wear them every day.
More vacation shots to come...stay tuned!
Picasa is refusing to upload random shots so if you see blank squares in this post that is why.
Anyone else having issues?
I also am not able to email pictures...grrrr!

11 comments:

ellen b. said...

No blanks when I scrolled through. Sure looks quiet and uninhabited. You guys always find acres of beauty to enjoy all by your lonesomes. Very cool...

Sara at Come Away With Me said...

The photo with the purple flowers spiking up over the golden grass meadow is like a wonderful painting. Love the lines and fields of color in that one especially.

Sara at Come Away With Me said...

The photo with the purple flowers spiking up above the golden grass meadow is like a beautiful painting. I love the lines and the fields of color.

Pondside said...

No blanks on my view - just great photos.
My view of camping has changed over the years - adjusted according to the age of the children, the empty nest and now the arrival of grandchildren. I'm a camper again!

Vee said...

Must return when I can give these the proper looking over that they deserve. You're living in God's country I think.

Lovella ♥ said...

Oh those are great relaxing photos to look at. I love the photo of the white flower up close and then the meadow of them. So nice to see the two of you relaxing!

Rosella said...

Wow - that looks like a wonderful spot! Your pictures are stunning and I especially love the Avalanche Lily one. The lighting on it is remarkable!!! Thanks for sharing your get-away with us!

Friko said...

What wonderful scenery. I'd love to go camping and picnicking in this area. it seems almost empty of people (except for the two of you) and totally free from all pollution and noise.

Kathleen said...

I saw all your photos. Thanks for letting me have a peek at your relaxing fishing trip!

Pat @ Mille Fiori Favoriti said...

The stream, lake, wild flowers, mountain view ..everything was so beautiful!

Janice said...

Your ability to find beauty where ever you are amazes me.