Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Early Spring Madness



So I was just heading down the hallway when I happened to glance into the bathroom.
Apparently wee Tate had decided to take a bath all by himself.



He tried to look away...pretend I didn't see him.



Of course I had to check to see what really was going on.
He had that look that all of us veteran mothers recognized:

Shall I tell her or make something up?

I still haven't decided if I got a straight answer.

What he said was:



"I'm in here because my tail needs catching!"


And with that he began to chase his tail!



Round and round he raced...


First going one way...




And then the other!



Sometimes that sneaky tail would hide and it took a moment to spot it again.



At one point a bit of fuzzy fur looked a bit like his tail.
But he didn't stop there for long.
He chased and chased and chased that tail until....



Until at last that tail was caught!


"See Mom?  Look!  It's my tail.  I caught it!"



"I am such a good tail catcher!  Nobody is a better tail catcher than me!"



(Oops.  I didn't know Auntie Frenchie was watching.  Oh gee....)




Frenchie:  What do you think you are doing young catkin?
Tate:  Um...catching my tail. 
Frenchie: You are in a BATH tub.  That means you have to take a bath.  You know...wash up!



Tate: OK, fine.  There.  I washed my paw.  You satisfied now?



Frenchie: Get out of the tub and let me see.
Bitsy: What'cha all doing in the bath room?  Can I use the tub too?  I want to get in the tub with my jingle ball and make it roll round and round.

Jill: Let's find something else for you kitties to do.  Go take a nap or something.  We don't need cats playing in the bath room



(This post was made possible by a touch of spring madness...this was the thermometer on our deck on Sunday.  Crazy, huh?  It made all of us more than just a little bit frisky!)

9 comments:

Dolores said...

Cats will be cats - or kitties will be kitties. At least the tail got caught.
Spring is definitely on the way - in a month or two.

Lovella ♥ said...

So fun. The kitties really are entertaining and I bet they don't ask questions either.
I saw your temps yesterday and thought it made for a perfect Valentines day.

RoeH said...

Nature's cat toy. Don't you just love them?

Judy said...

You really caught that 'fun in the tub' on camera!

So...you don't really think your winter is over, do you? Maybe a Valentine's Day reprieve.

ellen b. said...

How do you get any work done around the house when you have all these antics to enjoy? That is downright balmy on that thermometer!!

Vicki said...

That's hilarious! I think you've got a little jewel in young Tate! What a sweetie!

Angel Junior, Orion and Sammy said...

Tate knows the purrfect way to have a good time!

Pondside said...

Now that has given me a big morning smile!
Your Valentine's Hysterectomy had is gorgeous!

Janitha said...

You can't do anything else but laugh at them. They just like to share the fun :)