Sunday, October 24, 2010

Mill Creek Canyon photo-palooza!

(Click on the collage if you want to make it bigger!)

I just couldn't stop driving up Mill Creek Canyon this week.
It is only one mile from my house and I have to drive by the canyon entrance every time I go to work.

On Tuesday the sky was brilliant blue and I snuck up the canyon on my way to work: I had absolutely no guilty feelings about it; I did make up an hour of work later on.

If I could do that day over again, I would have called in sick and taken the WHOLE day in the canyon. It was gorgeous!

I went back on Saturday after a morning rain that knocked some of the leaves down, but which also created an entirely different environment with the ground and streams colored with the vibrant leaf fall. Three hours flew by...I only left because it began to rain again much to hard to stay.

Then Sunday night Bernie and I decided to take a look after heavy rain all day. I wasn't sure if the dark sky would allow any good pictures; actually it proved to provide yet another look to the scenes.

I took close to 600 pictures on those three outings.
How could I pick which ones to blog?
I finally narrowed the pictures down, and created a slide show from 100 of them; the thumbnail shots from some of them are in the collage above.
In order to make viewing the pictures easier, you are welcome to click HERE and you can see a full screen slide show of the shots. If you set the slide show to three seconds per pictures, you'll be seeing the "best of the best" in just a bit over three minutes.

If you have some great fall scenery photos, will you consider making your pictures into a slide show and sharing it with me in a link? I just LOVE autumn and love visiting autumn all over the world via photos.

(And you know what is really funny? When I spent two weeks in Switzerland I only took 800 pictures. Does that make Mill Creek Canyon more scenic than Switzerland? It just might be!)

6 comments:

Vee said...

Wow! I wanted to enlarge the photo, but Blogger is being uncooperative today. 503 errors all over the place, eaten comments, and videos that won't load. Now this mosaic that I really want to see up close and personal. Oh well, this only means that I'll be back!

ellen b. said...

I'm with Vee...Wow. I can see why you took so many photos. Just gorgeous. Again I'm commenting from the air just over Colorado Springs. Have a wonderful week!

Judy said...

Oh...what gorgeous colours! How can one delete any pictures when they look like that?

We were in Switzerland in the pre-digital photo era...and so I likely have only 100 pictures. How things have changed!

Lovella ♥ said...

Oh there is just such beauty all around the country these days. It must be at it's peek throughout north america right now. I wish it could last longer.
The canyon realy is a photo palooza.

Islandsparrow said...

I'm in the same boat - I find it hard to stop taking autumn pictures. Everything is so stunning and the season is so short. Any sunny moment I'm outside. Maybe I'll take you up on the slide show idea!

Vicki said...

Your photos are simply amazing! I wanted to click "like" on every single one! Thank you for sharing! (Tell the pin-up boy that we'll order a calendar!)