Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Mornings with Hart & Co.

Hart's posture says it all; his tail is wrapped around his toes as tight as it can be.

It is pretty and cold outside.

I'm enjoying my breakfast: hot oatmeal, coffee and juice while Hart keeps watch on the world outside.

Hart has already been served his breakfast downstairs; "Stinky Goodness" fresh from the can.
That doesn't mean that he can't think about lunch though.

(He spends a lot of time thinking about how he could get to the birds on the feeder; we know there is no way he can get there unless he flies. The birds truly are in no danger from Hart.)

On the other hand...other creatures are finding things to be different than before.

Mr. B. has had great success with his rat trapping lately.

Two rats despatched so far.

A least one more rat to go.

Mr. B and his boys have such celebrations outside after the trap delivers its deadly blow.

(Personally, I choose not to look...)

But the cats come back inside and start racing around and playing with their catnip mice like fiends.

It's all good.

In fact, compared to having dead rats delivered unexpectedly to the back door I'd say we have a win-win going here.

Well, win-win for us.

Not so much for the rats.

Oh well!

6 comments:

Vicki said...

Everything was great until I got to the part about the rats...ugh. Sure glad I'd already finished my breakfast! I like Hart's perch - and yours! - for getting those mornings started!

Judy said...

It's all good! Mr. B looks after the rats...and you can watch the cats.

ellen b. said...

Oye battling rats is not my favorite. I always choose not to look, too. Love the photos of the birds at the feeder!

myletterstoemily said...

i just read geraldine brook's hauntingly lovely book,
year of wonder, about the 1600 plague. she cited a
horrifying fact that in london they thought the plague was caused by cats and dogs. so when all the cats and dogs were killed, the rat population exploded,
increasing the plague fatalities.

let your cat hunt! :)

Sara at Come Away With Me said...

Hopefully the rats will get the message and move on to another site!

Mr. Hart is very good at balancing atop that chair!

Willow said...

I have little sympathy for rats, so I say, "Hurray for Mr. B and The Boys!"