Saturday, December 26, 2009

Christmas Eve and Christmas Morning

Christmas Eve...baking for the neighborhood goodie exchange. I made Persimmon Bread, Cranberry Orange Nut Bread, Pralines, Chocolate Pie, Rosettes, Reindeer Wands, and No Knead Cinnamon Rolls for the morning.

I had to laugh at one of the dozen of large eggs that I bought. Maybe the chickens took off from work early for the holidays...size "large"...yeah...whatever.

Jeff and Rachel had us over for our traditional Christmas Eve Tamale dinner, then the four of us went off to church.

On the hill above our house the neighbors had spelled out an appropriate message for the night.
Since we had no adorable tots with us on Christmas morning, Santa filled the cat's stocking instead.
Tiggie LOVED what Santa got him!

He couldn't decide what to play with first! Twenty-two new cat toys all at once!

"Missy" stared in at us from the cold deck outside.
I felt so bad...even though I am pretty sure this cat has a home of his/her own, judging from the cat's chubby figure.

I made the boys give Missy one of their toys. Missy batted it around the deck; it gave me such a warm feeling to see Missy enjoying his/herself so much.

Tiggie thought it was a dumb idea, and both he and Hart stared out the door in revulsion as Missy leaped about with the toy.

Well, I just told them charity begins at home, and that they had more toys than they needed anyway.

They went and took a nap while we got busy preparing for our Christmas Night family time.

(To be continued...)

4 comments:

Vicki said...

Spooky didn't get much in the way of gifts - just a new fleece "rope" and her brother Ryan to pull it and play with her. She seems fairly content.

I'm looking forward to hearing the rest of the story!

Lovella ♥ said...

Oh I smiled at all your baking. I did note that your eggs are a bit small .. that happens. In Canada eggs are graded according to weight. You know how it is. .sometimes two babies look the same weight but one is solid and the other is soft and cuddly. Bad analogy I know but that is how it can be with eggs too. Sort of.
Glad the cats all got what they wanted for Christmas .. .even the little cat burglur. .well I guess technically you gave him the Hart and Tiggie's toys.

A Lady said...

Ok, so he does look like Hensley. Or Hensley looks like him. Great post!!!

Sara at Come Away With Me said...

Cats are good teachers in how to forget one's age now and then and frolic about like a kitten, just for the sheer joy of it!