Friday, June 13, 2008

When you went to London, what did you see?

Some folks go to London to see all the traditional sights:

Of course you wouldn't want to miss this sight:

(That's my mom...oh yeah, and some famous rocks...)
My mom and I got to go to London together, just us two girls, in 1986.
She called me up one day and asked me if I wanted to go with her to England.
I said "YES!"
She said "Well, what about the kids?"
(Referring to my two children, her two grandchildren, then eight year old Laura and six year old Jeff.)

My answer:

"WHAT kids????"

And with that, away we went.

It was October, and the London news papers ran articles commenting on the unusually fine fall weather.
I wasn't the least bit surprised.
Wherever my mom goes, the weather is always just lovely.
(If you want to travel and have good weather, check with June Dustin and match up with her travel schedule. Frankly, travel companies would be wise to pay her to travel with them...there would be no complaints about the weather that way.)
When we flew home, there was not a single cloud in the sky between London and San Diego.
There was a note of that fact by the pilot when we landed. He had never seen such a thing before.


Another funny well known fact about my mom: Wherever she travels, she always makes friends with cats.
She has been all over Europe, North America, Mexico and the British Isles.
Her travel photos are a nice mixture of scenic and historic places.
And local cats.


These two London cats were lucky enough meet Mom, and get a cuddle as well.
I'll bet those cats bragged about that for awhile.
It is also a well known fact that any cat that my mom owns is a very lucky cat.
Frankly, I think anyone who meets my mom is lucky.
She is one sweet and caring lady.
And today is her birthday.

I'm hearing the people out there say:

Happy Birthday!

And all the cats out there say:

PURR...Meow!

(Happy Birthday Mom with lots of love from all of us!)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aw, how sweet! What a great post, Jill...

Happy Birthday, Mom!!

Anonymous said...

You are a beautiful person, June, have a wonderful birthday. I love the pictures, Jill, a nice tribute to your mom and your love for her. Love, mom S.

Anonymous said...

June--Happy birthday!

Jill--I loved London. I was there a tad bit earlier than you, though--1973. It was more crowded since there were 120 of us plus chaperones. The biggest thing I remember was buying a cassette tape of Deep Purple's Smoke On the Water for more expensive than here in the states just so I could say I bought something at Harrad's. Actually, I loved the Hyde Park. We stayed nearby and felt so safe walking everywhere at all times of the day and night.

Thanks for bringing back some memories, Jill. I'm going to go off and be nostalgic now. Ta-da!

Kate said...

The best! Happy Birthday to your Mom. xxx Kate Q:-)

Lovella ♥ said...

Oh. . Happy Birthday "Jill's Mom". . many blessings this coming year.

Islandsparrow said...

I've been to London twice - once with my mother too - in 1979. We had lots of fun together - my best memory is high tea at the Ritz!

A very Happy Birthday to your Mom!