Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Attack of the see through squirrel

Squirrel has no eyes...you can see right through him!

See what I mean? Spooky isn't it?

Apparently the squirrel is also able to pass through trees.
Here he has almost completely disappeared into the tree; only his tail is left visible to the eye.
Nice camouflage work too; the tail mimics the cut off branch in the front of the tree.
Or is that branch really something else entirely?

(Just goofing off with the camera. Pictures by Laura, who is assisting me in learning all the fancy settings on my camera. This afternoon we will be sitting and shooting things over and over again using different settings, and writing down the settings that used as a cheat sheet. And more importantly, directions on how to get back to the settings that work. I'm exhausted just thinking about learning all this, and more, annoyed that I can not find a camera manual from either Bernie's or my own camera. How do TWO manuals go missing, when the boxes are still sitting neatly where they were originally placed???)
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Lovella ♥ said...

Oh I know what you mean about cheat sheets. I have my manuals close by and even a pocket cheat sheet for my new one.
It looks like you are doing really well with you figuring things out.

It's blowing and snowing here today, our squirrels are all hiding today.

Anonymous said...

That's what I need for my camera - a cheat sheet! I still have the manual, but it's written in terminology that is beyond me. I could use someone to explain just what all that means!

Those squirrel pix are so funny!

Farmgirl Cyn said...

The same way my cell phone instructions disappeared, when the box is right in front of me.

Sara at Come Away With Me said...

That's one amazing squirrel!

Yes, these newfangled cameras do so much more than we imagine...I just know the basics on mine. There is so much more to it though. Good luck; a cheat sheet sounds like a good idea.