Friday, May 18, 2007

A quick post:
We are happily here in Switzerland and I'm looking out a window at the twin towers of the St.Gallen Cathedral and enjoying a fabulous bowl of Swiss yogurt for breakfast.

One of the oldest libraries in the world is right down the street. It was awesome to see a book written in the year 600. Amazing.

I had hope to move here as a Mercenary Librarian, but Becky (The Random Pondering blogger) left me a comment on my last post, and included in her comments facts about Switzerland.
She's a teacher...almost as good as a librarian when it comes to knowing details. I had missed knowing one fact about Switzerland: that they had outlawed their people from serving as mercenaries.

Darn.

I had secretly planned to come to Switzerland to work as a mercenary librarian.

We're going to take the train over to Milan for the weekend.
I've never been to Italy before.
If I like it, I'll have to see if they have any mercenary librarian needs.
Don't breath a word about this. We mercenary librarian's covert activities are disclosed on a "Need to Know" basis only.
If it works out, and you need to know, I'll tell you. But for now, I'm just telling everyone I'm just out of the country visiting friends.
Just being a regular tourist.

Got it?
Good.
Mum's the word.

And boy, the yogurt here is out of this world.

5 comments:

A Lady said...

I miss you so already!!!! Glad you made it there safe and sound! Hug Dad for me and tell Kate I said hi!

Lovella ♥ said...

Off to Mialn for the weekend? Oh goodness, what fun. You'll be shopping for a "big" bag there no doubt.
It occured to me that the little carry on would work going there, but coming home?
Have a wonderful weekend and thank you for the little window into your vacation.

Cowtown Pattie said...

Jill,
I stumbled upon your blog while searching for photos of Texas cottonmouths. Make of it what you will *grin*.

I am at work, and so don't have much time to sit and read a blog and doing so puts one at risk of being "dooced".

But, I'll be back!

Dawn said...

I am very happy that you are enjoying Switzerland.You are taking lots of photos, I hope.

Julie said...

Hi Jill, did you get to hold the book written in 600 AD ?? Wow! that would be a thrill!!
I always thought that being a librarian would be the neatest job and considered it for a time but I don't know about a mercenary one though...I'm a bit of a home body!! And it sounds like it could be a bit dangerous....
The yogurt sounds wonderful!!
Have fun in Milan for the week-end!
How could you not??!?!?