Friday, November 17, 2006

A Charlie Brown moment...

When we last visited with Jill, she was feverishly writing, and very, very happy to have made it to the half way point in the NaNoWriMo challenge, even if arriving there a little behind schedule.

The NaNo message board had listed Houston writer get togethers, and she had noticed that there were three other writers typing away in Kingwood.

Wouldn't it be WONDERFUL, Jill thought, if we up here in Kingwood could get together after this is all over, and maybe to email little supportative messages to each other now and then before that?

She thought that was a good idea.

So Jill sent out the following friendly email:

Sent: 11/17/2006 5:30:56 PM
Subject: Kingwood nano

Hi There!

I'm Jill ****, writing out in Kingwood, Riverchase, the far, far, end of Kingwood. How are you doing?


I hit 26,000 today....the spirit is willing but the body is weak.

Just wanted to give you a place to bounce randomly....we WILL do this!!!!

Jill



Not long afterwards came the following email:

Hi Jill!

Very happy to meet another writer from Kingwood. I'm in Mills Branch.
I'm around 47,000 words but I'm only about halfway finished with my story. This is my third book to write so I'm not as worried about finishing as I am completing the editing portion and submitting to agents. I seem to have a block when it comes to actually going that final step.

I'm writing a story that would probably fall in the genre of women's fiction. What about you?

M*****



(What I felt like writing back was:

M****;
Oh, nevermind. Carry on. Sorry to suggest need of encouraging, jeeze louise lady, do you like never sleep or something?????)

1 comment:

Marie said...

You go, Girl!!!!