Tuesday, February 06, 2007

MN Journal: Final moments

Last moments together as we wait for our flights out of Minnesota,
She's heading for San Diego, I'm going to Houston.
Bernie's already in the air, winging his way home from Salt Lake City.
We talk about when we will see each other again.
Maybe in Denver, maybe in April. Maybe in Salt Lake City.
Perhaps in Kingwood.
Hard to say for sure.
We both hate to say good bye.
Sunset from the plane.
It's wonderful to step off the plane and see Bernie's face in the crowd.
It felt so good to be home.
Bush Intercontinental Airport's Terminal B has great art.
This is just part of a long wall/walkway that mimics bayou water life in our area.
The terazzo floor has bronze inserts of fish and frogs and underwater fauna.
The walls are mosaic tile scenes of birds, flowers, and animals that would naturally be found beside bayou edges.
The scene above it only a small part.
I couldn't take any more shots.
I had run out of room on my camera's scan disk!

Yes, it is good to be back to my temperate bayou city.
It feels good to be warm again.

2 comments:

Lovella ♥ said...

Oh Jill, I'm glad you're home safe and sound, I'm sorry that Picasso is giving you so much grief. Please don't give up. It's wonderful that you are a librarian and you are so talented in your descriptives. We don't mind in blog world if you haven't a picture to display. I'll read you anyways.

Lovella ♥ said...

I just read your comment on my post and so I rushed over thinking you had the pictures sorted out instead of the little x's in boxes. nope, they are still there. shoot.