Saturday, February 12, 2011

YES!!!!!



Guess what Bernie sent to me all the way from Greenville, South Carolina?



KINGS CAKE!!!
TWO of them!!!!


The cake tastes precisely as a King Cake should too.
A flaky yet moist pastry, with sweet spices and a bit of walnuts.
The traditional yellow, purple and green sprinkles atop a sweet white icing.
Bliss. Sheer bliss I tell you.


Kings Cake is only served between Epiphany and the Fat Tuesday, the day before Ash Wednesday.
There is still plenty of time to purchase and indulge in a fine Kings Cake.
Of course it helps to be living in, or visiting a southern state, where the bakeries bake up King Cakes for sharing for the entire Mardi Gras season.
(Ellen...hint heavily to someone who is currently residing in the Carolinas to ship you one right away!)


Let the good times ROLL!!

9 comments:

ellen b. said...

Yippee! You got your cakes! Katie will be in North Carolina in March so maybe I'll have her bring one back. Do they sell them during lent or just before?

RoeH said...

I must have a taste of that. Anything that travels that far is worth investigating. Enjoy!

Vicki said...

Lucky you!

A Lady said...

drool! drool!! drool!!!

Judy said...

I'm always bound to learn something new over here. King's cake. Hmmm. I see Epicurious has all the info I need to create one in my own kitchen. We'll see.

Purrfect Haven said...

this is a new one on us, but sounds and looks delicious - what is the history/origins? Helen

Julie said...

Ohh.. I think I want a King's Cake... wonder if my deep south friend could ship me one? I'm thinking those Canadian border guards would just eat it themselves!
Happy Valentine's Day tomorrow.. love your header!

Unknown said...

I've never heard of King's Cakes-and I will admit the green is a bit disconcerting... but I'm sure it is as delicious as you say!

Marg said...

I've never heard of that before...but obviously it means something dear to the heart...maybe something like Napolean Torte?