Monday, February 14, 2011

Hatty Valentine's Day!

My Hysterectomy Hat...you may read about why it has that particular name HERE.


And bright and early at work on Valentine's morning, wearing my Electric Chocolate cocktail hat.
Have to wear my glasses to keep the Librarian look going.
You can see Electric Chocolate as a work in progress.HERE

Would you believe that the office of 34 people are exchanging Valentine's?
We each had to make a box, and wow, some people got really creative.

(thank goodness I had a kitty gift box which I could spiff up in a hurry.  I am long past my paste and glitter years.)
Seeing decorated Valentine's day boxes on desks: I feel like I am back in second grade.
Oh and there are cookies and candy everywhere.
It is going to be difficult to concentrate today with a sugar high.

My Beloved Mr. B. took me to Log Haven in Mill Creek Canyon last night.

It was lovely.

He is in the air this morning, flying off to points east and I miss him already.

Hope you are having a Happy Valentine's Day.

5 comments:

Purrfect Haven said...

Thank you so much for you lovely long comment and explanation, we were thrilled by your visit. Just love your kitty gift box and we all think you are most NOT past you 'paste and glitter' years!
Darcy, Bingley and Helen xxx

Vicki said...

You look very nice today! I love both hats! Is Log Haven the place we drove past on the way to/from our picnic? Was it as yummy inside as it looked outside? Mr. B is such a thoughtful hubby for sending you the Kings Cakes and taking you out to dinner!

The gift box looks great! Did you get any anonymous "I like you. Do you like me?" cards? LOL

Thoughts on Life and Millinery. said...

The very same place Vicki! The back of the restaurant backs up to a hillside running spring,which is the water that is served.
Great soup! Next visit we will have to go!

ellen b. said...

Oh I'm so glad you finally got to go to that wonderful restaurant! Way to go Mr. B! How fun to exchange valentines again. That was my favorite day of the year in elementary school! Your hats are quite fun!

Judy said...

How fun to have a valentine exchange...whatever the stage of life. Happy Valentine's Day to you and Bernie.