Friday, July 08, 2011

Is it a snack or is it art?


Mochi balls as snack crackers!
 I just discovered them at our local World Market store about a week ago.
Aren't they as interesting to look at as marbles?
Each one tastes just slightly different; each also has a single peanut inside and a slightly sweet taste.

I bought a package and poured them into a white bowl.
They lasted about four days...selecting just the one perfect bite seems to satisfy me in a way that one single potato chip or piece of pop corn never does.
I really could eat just one and still be content.

Maybe because they satisfied both my taste buds and my need for beauty?
Provide a bit of vegetable (sea weed) and a bit of protein (peanut) in each bite?
And are pretty low calorie to boot?
Did everyone else already know about these and never bothered to say so?

Just glad I finally discovered them.
Wonder if buying a case of them would be as smart of an idea as I think it is...

5 comments:

ellen b. said...

I wasn't keeping it a secret. This is the first I'm seeing them or hearing them described. They do make for a colorful bowl and would be a good conversation starter at a party...

Vee said...

They are beautiful. I've never seen them until just now. I'll be looking for them now.

Lovella ♥ said...

I haven't ever heard of them. . .but I'll look for them next time I'm in the world product aisle.

Sara at Come Away With Me said...

What beautiful snacks you have found! I love them, because I love the way they look. Must look for some and give them the taste test too!

Vicki said...

I have never heard of them before! They are interesting-looking, but I'm not a fan of peanuts, so I probably wouldn't try them. I'm not near a World Market since I moved (sniff)...I really miss that store! :)