Sunday, March 23, 2008

Happy Easter!

Mom and Dad D. and S., and Jeff: We missed you on this joyous day!
Like you said in your e-mail Dad, maybe next year we can be together. Maybe we'll have another Easter egg hunt yet.

We took pictures for you so you could share in our day. Here we are, all dressed up for Easter:



Laura borrowed one of my vintage hats, and I made my Easter bonnet to go with my dress. I blocked the parasisol capeline straw, and made the flowers from organdy, and created the middle of the flower from my vintage stamen collection. The ribbon is vintage too, as is the green veiling.



Yesterday Laura and I made Lovella's paska recipe. It is DELICIOUS!
We had that for Easter brunch along with chorizo. Weird, I know, but that was what we had.
I made Laura model my hat as well.


Oh boy, I LOVE taking pictures of Laura!


A closer look at the middle.


Bernie risked giving Tiggie an Easter hug. Moments later Tiggie was flying through the air as he decided to decimate Bernie with his claws.


The flowers in the garden are still gorgeous.




A good picture of both of us! Thank you Laura!


Tiggie got to try a paska bun. He was just so-so on it.
He said he'd rather have a Greenie cat treat.
We told him if he behaved himself he might get to have a Greenie egg hunt later on.


I played stick with Tigs; his flying lesson didn't seemed to have affected him at all.


I'm putting a link to a slide show about all of us HERE, and one of just Laura HERE.
Enjoy!
We love you!!!
Happy Easter!

9 comments:

Sara at Come Away With Me said...

I feel a little odd leaving a comment on a post addressed to your parents and P-I-L's, but I just have to say, I LOVE your hat! It is so very beautiful, and so is your dress. The colors look great on you. The hat looks great on Laura too.

Happy Easter to you all!

Lovella ♥ said...

Jill, I'm BACK. I haven't posted but had to say Hi. The first thing I had to do is to check you Easter bonnet that I knew you'd have. Imagine my smile when I see that Laura is wearing my hat. I felt dreadfully jealous.
Anyways, Happy Easter to you and yours, the pictures of you and B and Laura all dressed up are wonderful. I'll have something posted tomorrow, don't bother looking today.

Jane Carlstrom said...

Ahhhhh, wonderful post.

Adore the hat you made == you are giving The Tracey and designer collaboration outfit a challenge. It is so super when the entire outfit works so well together. Absolutely brilliant work and look. Go JILL!

Both you and Laura look amazing in the hat.

Thanks so much for sharing.

Kate said...

Beautiful!! Happy Easter.
xxx K Q:-)

Anonymous said...

Wow...I'm glad to see Lovella's comment and to know that she'll have something up tomorrow. Maybe I'll be able to find a computer tomorrow to check her blog.

You all look so much like flowers in your garden - even ol' Tiggie. So he took flying lessons, huh? I'm glad to know that he wasn't adversely affected. (Speaking of these cats, I'm missing Spooky terribly, but I can't risk her getting packed and loaded on a moving van, or getting stepped on!)

I love your hats and your dresses, and even Mr. B looks quite Easter-ish (strange word, I know).

Happy Easter to you all!

Anonymous said...

You both look simply ravishing in that hat. What a beautiful design!

I saw these cute little girls, probably both under 10 at church today, and they were the only ones wearing Easter hats. I told them and their mommy how cute they looked, and they curtsied and blushed (it was adorable). I wish I would have taken a picture! I thought of you, Jill, when I saw their hats and thought you would have liked their ensemble too.

Jane Carlstrom said...

Hi Jill, back again to tell you that you and Laura were in my dreams last night. Was dreaming about you creating a "Millinery Portfolio" with Laura as the model.

While you did not make the cowboy hat, that awesome photo of Laura with arms on the tree and the glorious sky framing her and the photo here with your Easter hat were both in the folio.

Oh yes! Please do a photo shoot with all your own millinery work on Laura while you have that wonderful young woman with you.

Now that would be a coffee table book worth buying!

Oh OH or make greeting or note cards to go with the book.

_#:D

PhantomMinuet said...

A belated Happy Easter to you, too!

Cristina de Prada - milliner said...

Jill, you both look gorgeous, and you are such an artist, I'm blown away by your hat, great job!