Tuesday, January 15, 2008

That's great and all...

What Jill Means

You are fair, honest, and logical. You are a natural leader, and people respect you.
You never give up, and you will succeed... even if it takes you a hundred tries.
You are rational enough to see every part of a problem. You are great at giving other people advice.

You tend to be pretty tightly wound. It's easy to get you excited... which can be a good or bad thing.
You have a lot of enthusiasm, but it fades rather quickly. You don't stick with any one thing for very long.
You have the drive to accomplish a lot in a short amount of time. Your biggest problem is making sure you finish the projects you start.

You are relaxed, chill, and very likely to go with the flow.
You are light hearted and accepting. You don't get worked up easily.
Well adjusted and incredibly happy, many people wonder what your secret to life is.
BUT

Currently I am going absolutely bonkers because SUDDENLY my laptop WILL NOT allow me to access Google except by going to my college's webpage and then to their search engine list to Google.
That worked once, then the laptop wouldn't let me go there again.
This time I am accessing blogger through the Dogpile search engine link from my college's library home page.
What the HECK is this all about?
I have switched settings, used default, changed, redid this and redid that.
All the firewalls/virus scans show everything is fine, and we are up to date with viruse updates.
I think I am on try 96.
If my name means I will try 100 times, fine.
Frankly, I'm hoping the tech guy next door will be able to help me tomorrow.
If you have any suggestions, be sure to leave a comment.
It will be greatly appreciated!
Right now, I am definitively NOT incredibly happy.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, I wondered where you've been!

We had a similar problem with our computers (yes, that's plural). One by one, they stopped allowing us access to certain websites. We decided it had to have something to do with the anti-virus program, so we replaced it. Bingo! We're back in business!

Hope your techie neighbor can help you!

Lovella ♥ said...

Oh Jill, I feel so bad for your computer woes. I do hope you get it all sorted out.
Your name meaning was quite amazing. I'm not sure about it all but it was quite inticing to try. I love an easy and fun post.

Jane Carlstrom said...

Rats, hope the issue is cleared up soon and painlessly.

Sara at Come Away With Me said...

Wish I knew what to advise, but I am a techie illiterate!

I'm going to try that "what your name means" link and see what they have to say about moi!

Hope your neighbor provides some help soon....