Sunday, July 22, 2007

Getting to Know Laura

Yesterday for my daughter Laura's 29th birthday I posted a tribute to her.
I included pictures of her life; pictures that made me smile and rejoice in the years we have had together.
I celebrated her!
I wanted everyone to have a chance to get to know her.
Picasa/Blogger apparently didn't feel the same way...most all of the pictures that I posted about her disappeared.

Rather than attempt to re-post them, I am just going to link this post to a web album about Laura.

Click here to get to know Laura via a slide show.

You can also get to know her through reading her blog: It's Good To Be Me.
If you would like, drop on by her site and read how she celebrated her birthday.
Some celebration, wait till you see the pictures on her blog of her sky diving!

But if you are in a hurry...you can get a sense of who Laura is by listening to her theme song, entitled "Laura" from the movie of the same title.

Frank Sinatra sang the song "Laura"; at one time it was rather famous.
Occasionally when people meet my daughter, they start singing the song to her
She likes that.

But she has a favorite version of the song.
You can hear it played here.

Maybe one day Laura will dance to this song at her wedding.
It will be so like her, I'm sure everyone will cry with joy.

(Or something like that...)

It is a lovely song, just like Laura.
But if you don't listen all the way to the end...well, you will miss knowing the real Laura that I love.

Laura is a face in the misty light
Footsteps that you hear down the hall
The laugh that floats on a summer night
That you can never quite recall
And you see Laura on a train that is passing through
Those eyes how familiar they seem
She gave your very first kiss to you
That was Laura, but she's only a dream.

Happy Birthday Week Laura!

6 comments:

Kate said...

Happy Birthday to your beautiful Laura! K Q:-)

Lovella ♥ said...

What a good mom you are. . . and thank you, for posting the pics onto the web album. You did such a wonderful job.
The song, the pictures, and the captions, . .I think I know Laura just a little bit better.

She is a beautiful talented girl, I can see why you love her sooo much. You and Bernie are right to be so proud.

Oh, and on top of that she is immensley courageous too. She did the jump. Oh goodness. I felt such relief when I went to check her blog again later and she was safe and sound.

Julie said...

Thank-you for the life of Laura in pictures!!
Beautiful...and enjoyed the picture comments!!

I say 'diito' to Lovella's comment!

Julie said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

I enjoy very much seeing how much you love your daughter (and she loves you). Thank you for sharing that with us.
And boy, did she celebrate big time!!

Danna said...

Happy Birthday, Laura. Jill, what a sweet tribute it was!