Wednesday, April 04, 2007

National School Librarian Day: Librarian art

April 4th is School Librarian Day.
I've been there, done that, and still consider it the best job I have ever had.
To celebrate, here's a cool picture.
My fellow librarian Hope just acquired a copy of the print for her office.
Her office has the most interesting stuff!

"Hush" by David Grant
Website: http://www.athun.com/grants_gallery.htm


(For the record, I don't say "Shush" in the library unless someone is yapping away on their cell phone.
I DO however say "Shush" to people on airplanes, around swimming pools, standing next to me in line at the grocery store, or just about anytime someone is talking and annoying me with the mindless chatter. Especially when it is women talking about their hair.)

1 comment:

Marie said...

Way back in the olden days.....our school librarian would "tap" us on the head with a ruler if we were talking in the library....the strength of the "tap" depended on whether or not she had to tell us just once or twice (three times was expulsion from the library for the week. She "ruled" that library!