Tuesday, April 03, 2007

Barton Creek: An excellent dining experience

The menu for my dinner at Barton Creek was as follows:

Champagne

Toasted Pumpkin Focaccia bread with Roasted Chestnut puree and berries

Sun Dried Tomato and Barscope Cheese Mousse and Dill Verjen Vinagrette served with rustic bread

Passion fruit sorbet with mint leaf

Sunchoke Bisque with Truffled Green Pea Coulis and Crispy Wild Mushroom Ravioli

Pecan Woodsmoked South Texas Wild Boar Chops with Rosemary Bordelaise and 25 year aged Balsamic Vinegar

Pumpkin flan with cinnamon, ginger snap and Chantilly cream, dark chocolate wand and boysenberries on raspberry sauce.

French Pressed Coffee


Pictured above is the pumpkin flan, the item I was most interested in trying, and the course that I enjoyed least, most likely due to being overwhelmed with the excellence of every previous dish.
I would like to find a recipe for a flan with a layer of pumpkin. Maybe it's time to dust off my recipe creation abilities.
I didn't finish the chops; they were delicious for lunch the next day.
My favorite dish was the Sunchoke Bisque. The presentation was fabulous; a flat soup bowl with five green pea coulis islands in a circle connected with truffle sauce, and a single wild mushroom ravioli in the middle. The bisque was then poured from a silver gravy boat into the soup bowl, overwhelming the peas, mingling with the truffle sauce, and still allowing the ravioli to peek up from the bisque.

My compliments to the chef.

(And please excuse any instances where I have mis-spelled an item on the menue!)
Posted by Picasa

7 comments:

Lovella ♥ said...

OOh the menue :) looks magnificent. I was interested in the texas wild boar, you haven't mentioned them before. Tiggie and Hart haven't had any run ins with those I suppose.

I do love recipes and the amudance on the internet is staggering.
Here is one to try.http://www.texascooking.com/recipes/pumpkinflan.htm

Kate said...

All I can say is YUM! Sherman says OUCH those wild boar chops would have hurt him (tee hee hee).
K Q:-)

Thoughts on Life and Millinery. said...

Lovella; Thanks for the link! Tiggie and Hart are hoping to someday have a successful hunt and have "South Texas Wild Squirrel Chops" for dinner.

(Ewww...)

Danna said...

That looks so good and menu sounds delicious. (I told my hubby (he used to be a sous-chef/executive chef in some fine dining restaurants up in our neck of the woods that is when it was just the 2 of us) He was describing how they might have made each item on the menu. It made me go cross-eyes listening to him...(I don't really understand that sort of stuff) All I know is if it looks good it must be good!

Becky said...

It sounds like a dinning extravaganza! What was the wonderful occasion? Or is this something you treat yourselves too just because you can? I must admit, I love a meal that I didn't have to cook, and that allows me to sip champagne! It looked lovely.

Otis, Indee and Tobee too!! said...

I'm a little tied up with all the extra security work right now but I's been promised some time away comin up in a bit and I may be able to come down and give Tiggie and Hart a little help with that huntin'

L&D said...

mmmmmm.
Looks simply divine.

I am salivating already. And I've just had breakfast!