Saturday, March 31, 2007

Life as Science Fiction: I know they sometimes look a little weird...

This happened on Saturday around 4 pm.

I'm working reference desk at the library.
The library is quiet, and there are 10 people in the computer area next to my reference desk.

A dark haired man approaches the reference desk holding two slips of paper, and asks for help “finding these books”.

He’s been looking in the reference area, so I explained the library call number lay-out, and that the books he was looking for would be in the back part of the library.

I asked if he would like me to help him find the books.

He said yes.

As we walked back to the stack he asked me “the question”…..

“Do people ever use the library?”

Please tell me that we have not become popular with alien life forms, because I always thought the folks sitting around studying and using the computers actually WERE “people.”

I am now looking more carefully at the "life forms" using our library.

(EEEEKKKK! And a lot of them smell funny too!)

2 comments:

A Lady said...

Glad you're having fun at work. Here, my staff are making me doubt my decision to become a nurse. My patients, however, make it all worth while. Love ya!

Lovella ♥ said...

I must admit, I don't frequent the library too often. I feel like that is a huge admission to a librarian, never mind one that I admire, . . .I have something about cracking open a new book. Strange, but true.