Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Taking out the trash


Just zipping out with a bag o' trash and spotted this delicate fluff bit perched on the yew beside the front door.
Got camera, took picture.

Headed across the driveway, spotted a tam juniper blanketed in spider webbing.
Those spiders have been really busy!



I went back inside and got my spray water mister and gave one of the webs a spritz.
Each "blanket" immediately had a spider come out to see what was going on.

Kind of looks like a frozen lake pond with trees sticking up.

Doesn't take much to keep me amused...



Normally I have little love for garden snails but this one had such a nice sculptural shell design.
Almost like it was made of mosaic tiles.

I noticed our neighbors mimosa tree was in bloom. 
Trust me...a mimosa tree is probably the most beautiful blooming tree to see and smell.
Playing with the powder puff soft blooms is also a delight.

Even the bead shaped buds are pretty. The leaves turn golden in fall...
Sometimes something as ordinary as taking out the kitchen trash (with a camera nearby) can wind up being a real visual treat.

6 comments:

Vicki said...

I love how easily you get distracted while taking out the garbage...sort of like me, except that I tend to forget what I was doing in the first place! :)

Judy said...

Love those powder puff blooms! As for the spider web art...our neighbourhood is blanketed in it as well. It looks best on pictures...and not so good on 'my front porch!

Sara at Come Away With Me said...

It's my favorite kind of photography....incidental and unexpected things coming to one's notice...camera always ready, of course!

ellen b. said...

You got some great shots Jill. Love the mister idea. Those last couple of photos are very pastel painting worthy...

Lovella ♥ said...

It's time for me to get out my macro lens again. Your shots are so inspirational. The best fun is just running around the yard looking at things up close and seeing them new again.

Pondside said...

So often I wish I had my camera with me for those ordinary tasks that offer up extraordinary moments.