Tuesday, April 19, 2011

I love, I love, I love....

....my not so little Calendar Boy.
Every day of the year!
(Eventually I will have to get around to actually pulling all the Calendar Boy pictures together and have a real calendar made!)


Just off the side of the road of Big Cottonwood Canyon, where I have been wanting to snoop around since last December.
In summer we fish here; the snows are melting in such interesting patterns that I wanted to get a picture of it.


I would really like to catch a shot with the beavers in it.
Bernie one time saw a beaver family at work and said the baby beavers playing around in the water is totally cute.


Just a hint of cloud halo...


Just needed this shot with full on sunshine sometime.  I kept hoping the clouds would clear and they did for just a moment.
I raced to set up the shot but the full sunlight was getting hazed over.

If there is a full moon with a clear sky I want to come take this shot again.
It is only about ten minutes from the house...worth the drive to try, right?
Sometimes I look at scenes like this and just am SO thrilled that I am here to see them.
Me...a So. Cal girl growing up by the beach, raising my kids in the suburbs, and dreaming of life where waterfalls and wild life are just around the corner, and with Big City amenities just minutes away.
I wanted the best of both worlds.
I can't believe that what I thought was a fantasy could actually come true.

3 comments:

Lovella ♥ said...

Dreams do come true. .you truly do live in a gorgeous spot. Oh ..what a wonderful calendar you could make.

ellen b. said...

Beautiful Jill! Now you've put another bee in my bonnet...I want to see a baby beaver frolicking in the water!!

Vicki said...

I know...I was just thinking the same thing. You're in a great spot!! I like the idea of making a real calendar from all of your 'calendar boy' shots...hmmmm...gives me ideas, too. :)