Thursday, October 21, 2010

Fleeting Beauty and Many Loves

Around where I live, all you have to do is look and you will see beauty.
This cloud just settled like a fur collar around the neck of Mt. Olympus.
While the hillside across the way donned an apricot down tam to compliment the seasonal colors further down.
Silent beauty...I stop and reach for my camera...have to share; have to share...
Do I miss the ocean waves of home?
Sometimes memories of frothy surf racing toward the shore are stirred when I look overhead.
I suppose I am a bigamist: I love the ocean shores, mountain splendors, moss draped swamps and sandy desert visas equally.
Don't judge my divided heart.
I've seen your pictures that document your many loves.
Don't try to say that you are not the same as me.

7 comments:

Sara at Come Away With Me said...

Perhaps these many loves could also be compared to a mother with many children....she loves them all very, very much; one does not detract from the other. Isn't it wonderful how there is always more love...it never runs out.

ellen b. said...

Since I started blogging I have developed many more loves!
Beautiful shots. This comment coming to you from 30,000 feet above Montpeller....

Islandsparrow said...

Good analogy Sara!!

Jill, I think you're allowed to be a bigamist in that area - maybe even a polygamist :)

I love the ocean but I think I could also love the mountains. The prairies are a different question - I lived there for 2 years. I loved the people but I could never learn to love the flat landscape. Sunsets were gorgeous though.

Vicki said...

So many differences in places...people, too...but all are God's creation.

Sara, I love your analogy, too!

Jill, I love your area...your photos...I'm smiling. :)

Judy said...

You have a point there, Jill. Each place has a beauty of it's own...from the prairie to the dessert...the mountain to the ocean. What an amazing Creator we have!

Lovella ♥ said...

I can't imagine living away from the mountains. .I find them so gorgeous ..the ocean close by is almost taken forgranted ..who knows. .I think I could love almost any place to live ..there is so much beauty displayed around in blog land. . . and we are very blessed to live in North America where we can grow enough food and have clean water to drink.

I liked Sara's thoughts on this too.

Marg said...

I just looked at my photos from my summer road trip through Utah...they are absolutely fabulous...the geography is so different, yet so vast....I have fallen in love with so many spectacular scenes..true how can one be side tracked..there is so much to see. Let Love Reign.