Sunday, July 25, 2010

What a weekend!

Days of '47 weekend here in SLC...a holiday of which most of world is unaware. I'll be posting about that later this week, just so you all can be "in the know" about such things.
Bernie and I packed our weekend to the brim without even attending any Days of '47 events. We had a grand time exploring some rivers about an hour north of us (I'll post about that later too...) but on Sunday...well, I just wish I could have allowed anyone reading this to see what we saw in person.
Albion Basin up in Little Cottonwood Canyon/Alta area is renowned for wildflowers.

Without further comment, here is the next best thing to being in Albion Basin in person:

(well, actually, I guess I should tell you in advance that the pictures won't get bigger if you click on them. I "cheated" and emailed the pictures from my web album to save a ton of time. Did you know you can do that? If you really to see them full sized you can just click on THIS link and see them in a full screen sized slideshow instead of scrolling down through this post.)

So...when are you planning on coming out to see Albion Basin for yourself?

Make plans for next July now!

6 comments:

ellen b. said...

Oh my oh my...how glorious is that!!
My reaction was to sing "The Hills are alive with the sound of music, with songs they have sung for a thousand years...

Vicki said...

WOW! AWESOME! AMAZING! What a great example of some of The Master Artist's best work! (The photographer did an outstanding job, too!)

Soooo...will this all be gone in a couple of weeks? ;) Doc wants to know what surprises you have in store for us!

a woman who is said...

Oh my gosh that was just stunning!!!
What an amazing weekend you must have had. You and your husband seem to enjoy a bit of traveling around. How fun.

Sara at Come Away With Me said...

You've convinced me I need to come in July! Maybe quarterly visits are a good idea....it seems there is always something amazingly beautiful to see....

Judy said...

Amazing blooms! Looks like a fabulous time in Cottonwood Canyon. Now I must go do my research...and see exactly where that is.

Lovella ♥ said...

YES! . .I will plan ..it is so beautiful and so like the alpine meadows here in our coastal mountains. Gorgeous photos.