Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Easter 2010: Small Brims-Easy Peasy 24/7

Got a busy day ahead of you, with lots of flitting about to do?


A smaller brimmed hat is THE thing to wear!

No need to worry about hair dos being messed by the spunky spring breezes.

Hugging friends and getting close enough for quiet conversation is simple to do in a small brimmed hat.

At $78 USD...this could be your favorite everyday "out and about" hat for spring and summer.

I'm thinking a slightly gathered scoop neck tee and crop pants would work.

Yummmy!

See information about the hat HERE.

Feeling a bit more sporty or tailored?

A grey sweater or tee, grey slacks and this topper would do, don't you think?

At $29.50 USD...I'm in on this one. See it HERE.

Back to that first picture: If I had to own only one hat (breath Jill, breath...it will be OK thinking about only owning one hat) I'd definitely make it a classic black trimmed panama straw style fedora.

The above example is a Louise Green design, and if you have been reading my blog for awhile you know how much I adore her work.

You can be sure her hats will fit comfortably; she has a patented means to assure that fact.

See more about this particular timeless hat HERE.

At $168 USD, that would pencil out as costing me about $5.50 per year to be wearing it for the next 30 years of my life.

And yes...I can see myself wearing this hat at age 80, scampering around town, traveling abroad, sipping lemonade while admiring my garden, or standing at my easel painting a vista.

Do I hear an AMEN to that?

A "Preach it Sistah!"

A "You GO girl! I'm with you all the way!"???

True that!

4 comments:

Vicki said...

You're hearing a resounding "AMEN" from this corner of the country! I am SO going to have to get to SLC for a hat consultation. I have no idea what style/color to wear, how to wear it, or even what size I'd wear.

Judy said...

I like your pick for the 'one-and-only' hat...I'd pick the same one. It could go many places!

Marg said...

I love that first pic...That's totally me..one and only.
But the sport one is cute also...
I have no problem with the price...just need to think to wear it.

Frank's Girl said...

This has to be your favorite time of the year! Chapeau wearing is everywhere!

We just returned from France where I thought everyone would be wearing chapeaus, but they weren't. It seems the American ideal of no hat has crept across the pond.

Frank and I purchased berrets anyway and wore them home. You've definitely rubbed off on me!