Thursday, January 28, 2010

Eye candy

NYtimes prize winning photos do it for me today.
Have to share them with you....
Like...if I were ever to see a sight like this in the wild I would shoot up my entire camera chip right then and there.
A damsel fly valentine!

How did the photographer not scare the cats with a big uncontrollable "ohhhhh..."
The kitten's expression is so precious.

More romance: The male bird is delivering nesting materials to his mate.
I could just dive in and swim around the picture.
Every time I see a wonderful picture I rejoice that I live in the era of great cameras and observant photographers and Internet that makes such images available to be seen.
And thankful to the Creator for the marvelous creations that are all around us just waiting to be seen.
You can see the rest of the collection here.

4 comments:

Sara at Come Away With Me said...

Oooh I like the cats the best1

And those birds...at first I did not even see their heads...just the green plants and their beaks and couldn't figure out what it was! How funny.

Vicki said...

Lovely! Thanks so much for sharing the pix and the link!

Lovella ♥ said...

Oh they are all eye candy for sure. It is amazing to me how beautiful creation is and still more amazing that God is just wetting our appetites.
I wonder how it will feel to see constant beauty in heaven instead of intermittant pain around us ..like Haiti.

Just a little something from Judy said...

Amazing photography...you are right! How I enjoy seeing the captured scenes of nature. Just want you to know how perfectly your photos on this post, went with my cup of coffee this morning. My favorite...the mother cat licking her young one. What a creative God we serve!