Monday, March 10, 2008

Millinery: And the winner was....

You will see the winner of vote on "which hat to wear to the wedding" later in this post.
But first.....


The wedding had a rehearsal dinner with a Texas/Western theme. The wedding couple and their families were from San Diego (go figure....the couple have moved to Austin), so San Diego California girl Laura "cowgirl upped" and got herself a cowboy hat to wear to the event.

Cute, huh?
Yee haw!
Crystal did wear hat #1.
Doesn't she look glamorous as she waits for her friend's wedding to begin?


Actually I think both girls look fabulous.
Crystal's hat is a black sinamay "Inga" design, a designed conceived by Kate Pernia, and implemented/interpreted by myself in a class a few years back.
It's the same hat that I am wearing in my "about me" section of my blog.

LOVE that hat. It is light weight, and has a vintage mother-of-pearl buckle in the back, and chenille dotted veiling.

Laura is wearing a vintage black velvet halo cocktail hat, with a black veil trimmed with rhinestone/felted dot detail.
The hat belonged to Laura's grandmother Barbara, whose birthday we celebrated last week.

Don't they look like they are having fun?
The bride LOVED the hats, and especially loved the black veiling. The photographer asked if a special picture could be taken of the girls with their hats on.
I can't wait to see the professional photographer's pictures of the girls in their hats.

The "Inga" is held on via a back band of sinamay tucked under Crystal's hair. A crystal, pearl and hematite hat pin provides further stabilization.

The early bluebonnets called for special attention.
Which is more blue: Laura's eyes or the bluebonnets?

(I think it is too close to call that one.)


Laura said she wore the hat much lower on her forehead than these pictures showed.
I think both she and the hat look great in this picture.
I wonder why more women won't consider wearing a little veil now and then, especially to a wedding or fancy event.
Thanks to everyone who voted on which hat Crystal should wear to the wedding.
You definitely chose well, and I hope you enjoyed seeing her at the event in the hat that you selected.

5 comments:

Jane Carlstrom said...

Oh yes, Both women are glowing and gorgeous. Wonderful post, made me happy reading and looking.

Anonymous said...

Wow!!The girls sooo beautiful in the hats. I'm flattered to see Laura wearing the hat that was mine. I don't think I ever looked that good. Laura's beauty flattered the hat. Love, mom S.

Sara at Come Away With Me said...

The hats are fantastic, of course, and the girls look fantastic wearing them too.

We visited a "mega church" recently, there must have been 3000 people in the service, and I did not see even one hat! Of course, I must admit, I was not wearing a hat either...

Judy said...

They look great in hats...and I'm glad I picked the winner!

We have a few 'hat' churches in our town. If you don't come with a hat, they give you one! I have two hats now...just in case I have a wedding or a funeral to attend there.

Yes...I miss Lovella. I'm hoping she doesn't decide she needs these sabaticals too often!

Anonymous said...

Both girls look fabulous in their hats...even the Western hat! I always enjoy seeing the bluebonnets...I sure miss seeing them!