Friday, December 28, 2007

SLC Christmas: December 28 2007

A bit of catch up...
The first game with the new Clue board. There are people shaped pieces now. I like that Peacock wears a cute hat.

Still medicated Bernie struggles to stay awake.


I thought I'd share one of the things Santa left in my stocking this year.

It is a little rubber chicken and when you squeeze it...
Out pops an egg!
(Thinking of some people who live in Canada here....)
The yolk swirls around in a milky liquid. Laura and Jeff had a lot of fun making chicken noises.
The swirling egg yolk was not the best thing to look at while on drugs that makes one feel nauseated.
Oops.
Guess what this is?

Yes, Laura's assignment in SLC is over. She packed her car with all her belongings and headed out to Las Vegas.
Her front seat was empty and most of the back seat was filled with the large suitcase we brought filled with gifts.
There is no way I can manage three suitcases in the airport, so she volunteered to drive it to Houston for us after a trip to San Diego to see her grandparents and her friends.

Her trunk is full...imagine living in such a way that everything you need will fit in the trunk of your car and a little of the back seat. She's going to help me clear out a lot of stuff from my house while she lives with us for awhile.
Jeff had to get back to work.

I cleaned up a bit inside. Laura's roses were wilting, so I pulled the petals off and scattered them around the snowman.
Isn't that a romantic touch?
Later on one of Jeff's friends came over to watch the ASU vs UT game.
He thought Jeff had made the snowman and decorated.
He thought it was pretty weird...and wasn't going to say anything.
I think he was pretty relived to hear that I was the one who made and decorated the snowman. Whew.

Jeff and I made a run to Lowe's. I gave him a gift card from there with a suggestion that new vertical blinds would be a nice touch in his living room.
We both love going to Lowes. He loves upgrading his house, and I love talking with him as he thinks though options. Actually I wish the four of us could go together and buy a fixer house just for fun.
Maybe someday....
Jeff's looking at tile for his bathroom floors and kitchen floor. There are SO many options to choose from. I really like the new concept of adding a border detail.
Decisions, decisions. No tile buying yet....

Hey Mom...I was wearing the scarf you knitted me awhile back. It looked really good with jeans and a baby blue turtleneck. Thanks again!

Jeff and I grabbed dinner for Cafe Rio, the Salt Lake City famous Mexican restaurant. They make the tortillas right in front of you, then throw them into an aluminum bowl, and add meat, beans, rice, cheese, cilantro, lettuce, pico de gallo, sour cream, and a lime-cilantro dressing.

It is SOOOOO yummy. And they give you one free dinner after you buy six (or eight?) We got a free dinner...thanks Laura for handing over her points. I wish Cafe Rio would go national. Seriously, it is a MUST have every time we visit.

So except the fact that Bernie is still pretty uncomfortable and we are wonder how our poor lonely cats are doing at home, Christmas continues to be special here.

6 comments:

L&D said...

Poor Bernie. Constantly drugged up.
I bet this is a Christmas he'll never forget....full of hallucinations. Good times.

I do like the rose petal touch.

Sara at Come Away With Me said...

I want to know what Lovella thinks of that chicken. It's kinda gross! But funny too.

heidi said...

tristan and i were at brad & chris' this afternoon and we found a nest under gramps' trailer that had 19 eggs in it. one of their chickens decided to lay her eggs someplace else. kaylee and john had fun breaking them into a grave that brad dug for them. i was planning on giving the eulogy, but felt reather nauseated seeing the broken rotten eggs. yuck. your chicken reminded me of this :)

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Lovella ♥ said...

Oh, I love the chicken, I wonder if I could buy some online? Oh that would be so delightful to hand out to our friends at Christmas/Easter/Valentines etc.

I guessed right when I saw all Laura's earthly belongings in her backseat.

Oh, I do hope that your mr. b. will be okay to travel.

Becky said...

So sad to hear about Bernie! I hope that you don't take too much advantage of him while he is down!:) You are looking better than ever, Jill! Obviously, being with your kids and man agree with you! The chicken!! You must send one to the farm! The snow man looks designer fashioned! Love the feminine touch! It would appear that all had a great time over this blessed season. May you have a wonderful New Year too!

Anonymous said...

Did you notice? I do believe Mr. Snowman is smiling a bit more than before! I believe he likes the touch of romance!