Thursday, December 27, 2007

SLC Christmas: December 26th

The day after Christmas...and I was awaken by someone whispering "it is snowing outside."
And it was.
The paper whites blooming in the kitchen window looked dreamy against the snowy scene.



You can see a few flakes in this picture.

Now I was really, really hoping we would get snow.
I even had a snowflake painted on my big toe, on top of the sparkly red polish and a diamond put in the middle of the snowflake.


After getting Bernie all settled and tidying up the house, Laura and I headed out to make
A SNOW MAN!!!!!
My VERY FIRST SNOW MAN!!!!
And Laura made her very first SNOW ANGEL!!!!
Did you know that when the snow is powder it doesn't stick together?
You can't just make a snow ball and roll it along on the ground to make a big ball.
Oh no. You have to pat-pat-pat layer after layer of snow on to a pile of patted snow.
For the longest time Mr. Snowman looked like a snow boobie until we shaped out his middle.

Ta Da!!!


My very first snowman. At age 53.
Well worth the wait.

He got lots of kisses....


Profile...


Hugs.....


More kisses...and hugs....
LOVE MY SNOWMAN!


(Laura loves to pose people.)

I also made orange cranberry nut bread Mom. It tasted just like it did when you used to make it each year for the neighbors as gifts. I put a little red sugar sprinkle on mine, just for fun.

Everyone wanted Indian food for dinner. So we loaded up and headed out to this place that is a favorite of Jeff and Bernie.

Yeah! I had mango lasse, Laura had rosewater lasse. Everything was delicious!

The lighted red sign reflected into the icicles. Pretty!
It also made the snow mounds beside the road look pink, just like the snow in The Cat in the Hat.

Bernie was willing to crutch over to get a family shot around the snowman.

And an "us" shot...
Bernie's a lot more fun to kiss than a snow man.
Lots warmer too!

After that we went inside and played a couple rounds of Clue.
I was kind of sleepy and forgot to show that I had one of the cards that Jeff asked for.
He made a guess based on the that.

Mommy shouldn't play Clue if she isn't going to pay attention to her own cards!

It was another memorable day.
I am so happy.
Life is good.

5 comments:

Julie said...

What a perfect day !!
And truly your first snowman ?
Wow... if only I had a dollar for every snowman I've made !!

and yes, I would agree.. Bernie would be much warmer to kiss than a snowman !!

Anonymous said...

Jill, you're a hoot! "A snow boobie!" Yeah, I guess when it's a powder snow, it would look that way. When you have a nice heavy, wet snow, then you really can form a ball and roll it around...but only if the snow is just right (and they won't roll down a hill amassing more layers like in the cartoons). For your first snowfella, I'd say he looks very nice!

Lovella ♥ said...

Oh Jill, those are wonderful. I can hardly believe it was your first ever snowman. How amazing. The snow does look very dry. If you come quick you could make some awesome wet snowballs and a pretty fantastic snowman .. one rolled.

Lovella ♥ said...

Oh Jill, those are wonderful. I can hardly believe it was your first ever snowman. How amazing. The snow does look very dry. If you come quick you could make some awesome wet snowballs and a pretty fantastic snowman .. one rolled.

Dawn said...

What a perfect snowman!!!!
So good to see Bernie up and about...