Monday, January 08, 2007

Changes: Let's give this a whirl

Whaddayah think?

A wintery look for sure.

I'm going to try a few of the bells and whistles available in the beta version of blogger.

Such as being able to recommend books. I'm a librarian, so, duh, I've got to have that feature.

I'd LOVE to be able to post video.

There's a cop in Houston who sometimes posts video of his beat. This was a post of a cat that was cute. So I know it can be done.

Meantime, I have sent a note to the Googleplex asking them to figure out why I can post pictures from Picasa to a non-beta version blog and a new beta version blog without a speck of trouble.

(That little exercise, creating two additional blogs, verified to me that it isn't any setting on my computer or security system that is at fault. Whew! Don't want to mess with that stuff.)

Feel free give me a thumb up or thumb down the colors. I'm not sure if this will be the final "Eureka!" but it's a start.

I'd really like to get fancy-schmazy and have custom headers and stuff like this or this.

On the other hand, I remember how I used to knock myself out on scrapbooking, and later found that most of the time, simple worked best for when using great pictures.

I've used one book to learn a tiny bit about blogging, but blogger went beta right after that and things changed. I wish there was a class here to learn all the cool tricks.

If I figure it all out on my own, I'm going to treat myself for something with the money I saved.

For sure.

3 comments:

Lovella ♥ said...

Oh dear, I read your post and thought to myself, look . . she figured all that out so quickly, surely I can use at least use one of those tricks and botched things up so bad I nearly had to delete my entire blog. I'll need to have a tutorial. I need more than a book, I need a real person.
The new look is very nice, good job.

Dawn said...

Jill..
Blogger Forum is a good place for help. The gurus camp there and help those of us html-challenged types.
It's worth a look.
I like the clean, crisp white..Not sure why I didn't go that direction.
Did I ever tell you that I once worked in a library accessioning books..? It make me appreciate all that librarians do..
One more similar thing...in addition to the endearing tooth gap.
:o)

rachel said...

you are so sweet...I can't wait to see what you come up with. :o)