Wednesday, November 29, 2006

National Novel Writing Month: 50,000=Novelist! I did it!


8 pm, CDT.
I rolled in at 50,076 words, at 8 pm CDT. I had 27 hours to spare.

Whooooooo-hooooooooooo!

If there was one single thing I learned in grad school: If there's a computer involved, get the work done a day early.

Computers thrive on doing unspeakable harm to work moments before a deadline.

The novel is 101 pages, the extra pages are blank sheets at the end.

I've got my NaNoWriMo certificate, a TGIO party Friday (Thank Gosh Its Over!), about six months worth of editing to do, (NaNoEdMo!) and about another 30 pages to tie up all the loose ends, in this book.

Posted by Picasa The novel is titled "Shepherds" for now.
And, yes, oh yes, there is another book to follow.
Next November.
Shoot me now.

Next time though, I'm using a lap top.

3 comments:

Kate said...

Congratulations!!!!!! Wow, my hat is off to you, Girl! 50,000 is a lotta words.
K Q;-)

Anonymous said...

Congratulations, Jill!

Dawn said...

"Write" on w'your writin' self!Congratulations on reaching your goal!