Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Empty Nest, refilled with Autumn.

 
My mom and I were driving up East Canyon on Friday, enjoying the scenery and being together when out of the corner of my eye I saw a bird's nest low in a tree.
I pulled over and walked back down the road until I found the nest again.
It wasn't until I stood on tiptoe that I saw that the empty nest had been filled by chance with two beautiful yellow leaves.

Lovely, yes?
I am so glad heeded the impulse to stop and go photograph the nest.

So glad for the time to see the beauty of the season and to be able this time to share it with my Mom.
 

4 comments:

ellen b. said...

It's always fun to share with others, especially our dear moms...

Vee said...

I hope that you gals have lots of time to explore and talk and eat and relax. Your dad is on his way to Washington, D.C.? I've got him tucked in my prayers along with all those Vets who are showing us once again how it's done. Praying protection and blessings for them all...

Judy said...

Beautiful. Love the popping fall colours!

Lorrie said...

Giving into impulse can result in the very nicest of surprises. Love the thought of an empty nest filling once again with beauty of a different sort.