Monday, July 23, 2012

I'd rather be camping...


Our church scheduled a Married Couples camp out at another "thirty minutes away" campsite, this time a place called Tanner Flats.
Little did we know that that the over 40 aged married wouldn't attend at all....we were the old folk amongst the 20 and 30 something crowd.
They brought their babies...one baby was three weeks old!
We were without an infant relative ourselves but made do with rocking other people's wee kinfolk.

The flowers this time of year are so beautiful...don't you love the freckled face on this lovely stream side flower?
 

I took this picture on my own; Bernie just saw it and said he had fished this hole the first day of camp without me.

Love the green cast of the water.
This particular stream is a "do not touch" stream.  It feeds the water needs down in the SLC and so campers are NOT ALLOWED to touch the water.
Psh.
Oh well. 

Well at least photography is allowed. 

The "main" wild flower event was up the road at Albion Basin. So many people were up enjoying the wildflowers there that there was no parking to be found!
We enjoyed another area nearby.

Not too shabby flower and view wise.
 
 

Mounds at the base of flowers catch my eye...

(The hiking menfolk immediately suggested that each other step on the ant hill. 
One of the women said "Jr. High...you guys are NOT in Jr. High any more!"
I am pleased to say that none of the guys took the dares to step in the ants.)

Totally love this photo. 

The babies were hiked along with us...this lass was four months old.

And this one was 13 months old.
The gear they have for babies now days just astonishes me.
We were told these were not really the coolest baby carriers...

Mama Deer doesn't mess with back packing her babies around...don't you love the baby spots?

The surrounding mountains apparently had trouble deciding what color to be.

We were hiking right under a ski lift.
 I liked the Alta signature motif of a stylized snowflake being part of the design.

Obviously an easy trail if the moms are in flip flops.

 I do love this view!
Switzerland...I get memories of Switzerland with each glance.

The super bright pink wild roses really knocked my eyes out.
No pale shy pink going on here.

Love this shot too...just wish I could have had my tripod for a clearer shot.
Might run up there again for another photo op.

The Indian Paintbrush growing with a perfect background. 

The pink tinged morning glory like flowers were growing just a foot away from the white version.

Wondering if they are different plants or ???
 
Nice little hike, nice little overnight camp out.
Our car is kind of staying loaded with our camp gear for now.
It is just so easy to pop up our tent, unroll our sleeping bags and spend the night up in the mountains right now.
Frankly I have little motivation to do much else.
Can you blame me?
Just wish my fellow camera toting bloggers could come along for a photo shoot day trip with me.
Seriously.

(If you think you might enjoy seeing the wild flowers photos full screen, click HERE and enjoy a slide show of the shots.)

11 comments:

Vee said...

How fun! You two are the most youthful of your age group obviously. No, don't blame you for camping as much as you'd like since you enjoy it. I also enjoyed the slide show...such beauty and I am sure that I saw the perfect header for you.

Lorrie said...

What a great place to camp! And I'm so impressed that you went along with all those "younger" folks. Just goes to show that age is just a number. We love camping, too.

Happy@Home said...

WOW!! What a gorgeous area to camp in. It's too bad you couldn't touch the stream, but I'll bet it sounded lovely.
Thank you for your recent visit and to answer your question about the green paint, the middle green is called "Fresh Guacamole". I think it is a Glidden paint.

Sara at Come Away With Me said...

Thanks for the slide show - I enjoyed that. I saw those same little pink-tinged morning glory looking flowers in Arkansas a year ago.

Those are some beautiful wildflower shots. The two you loved are my faves too, especially the second one.

Gosh, I haven't been camping in a very long time, 1995 I think it was!

Judy said...

Switzerland revisited...for sure! You got some great shots. You are right...'not too shabby'.

ellen b. said...

Oh my...the wildflowers are just amazing. Love that you could represent the older crowd on this trip!!

Kathy said...

You guys are such sports! I bet all those 'kids' loved having you along. Loved the photos....would love to come along for a hike, a camp out and a good visit.

Pondside said...

You almost make me feel like camping.
Almost!

Lovella ♥ said...

I wish I could come too. Oh my...I kept thinking that I had found my favorite photo and then another even more amazing photo followed.
Good for you to take up the camping invitation. You will stay much younger than your peers surrounded by young families.

RoeH said...

Those mountains up there are so beautiful. I could ride around in them for forever. The event sounded wonderful. So fun to get others and enjoy the nature.

Kathie said...

I would LOVE to go along with you for a photoshoot. It's gorgeous! Love the stream and flower shots - and of course the mountains. And a trail that can be hiked in flipflops sounds like my kind of trail :)