Thursday, October 06, 2011

Oh yes it did...

The weather forecast last night said there would be snow in the mountains this morning.
Boy did they ever get that one right.
If you saw the aspen photos I took *just* this past Sunday...these following shots were taken at the same place.
With snow this time.
Falling snow.
Blowing horizontally snow...Oh it got interesting up there.
The drive up the canyon was not so bad.
Coming back the snow was kind of crazy...

The aspen colors get brighter as you scroll though the pictures.
Enjoy!















































































I was pretty happy to get back home safe and sound.

It wasn't snowing at our house when I had left two hours earlier...
 

So is summer really over?
Our last snow fall was May 30th.
We have gone four months without snow.
It was cold all through June...

The cats checked out the storm then settled in all cozy.
My pumpkins have just barely begun turning orange...

It didn't warm up until July here.
Even though we planted our tomatoes as fairly large plants, the fruit has not yet riped.
I snagged three of the green tomatoes off the snow covered vine.
Guess we will be having fried green tomatoes tonight.

(Still want to go up Mill Creek where the red colors are more dense.  Waiting for a break in the storm to do that...)

6 comments:

RoeH said...

Rats! If I'd only left one week earlier. It was so pretty up Alpine Loop last Saturday. Now the colors will all freeeeeze.

Vee said...

Jill, I'm thinking about you and Utah the way I think about Pat (Mille Fiori Favoriti) and New York City.

What gorgeous pictures. I hope that this snow is leaving stat, however. I don't think four months without snow is enough.

We did have a killing frost last night so everything is in the house or the garage since warm weather returns for a week starting Saturday. Yay.

Vicki said...

Yum...I saw those green tomatoes and started drooling when I thought of frying them...

You're right! Getting those photos was worth the thrill of coasting and sliding through the snowy mountain roads! I'd be more like the cats, though - I'd prefer to be snugged in safe and warm. :)

ellen b. said...

I have to say that I was taken aback when I saw your snow! I don't mind being inside cozy enjoying snow but I'm a real chicken when it comes to driving in the stuff! Beautiful shots with the fall colors kissed by the snow!

Judy said...

Oh my goodness! You went right from summer to winter it seems. Beautiful photos...though I'm thinking your summer was too short!

Lovella ♥ said...

OH I wish I could pop those photos up in my frames for our Thanksgiving this weekend. They are just amazing.

Don't you just wish your thanskgiving was this weekend? It is just so pretty there now. We on the other hand still have green trees. What is wrong with this picture. My autumn inside is mostly fake.