Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Yodeling, chocolate, cheese...

My house is spotless. The cats are morose. And Uncle Scott is scheduled to arrive again. (More motivation for a spotless house!)
Why are we leaving our furry friends yet again?
Because.....

This blog is heading out to visit another blog on my sidebar, Hatsbykatrinka
She had an earlier blog, http://hatsbykatrinka.blogspot.com , on that blog Kate was newly in her Swiss town of St. Gallen. The typepad account was a switch once blogger started being unco-operative.

I'll try to post when I have nothing else going on...and I don't think that is likely to happen! But you never know.

I'll be back just before June, with pictures and stories! Kate may capture my visit as well, she usually blogs about her adventures with visiting friends.

I'll miss reading my favorite blogs, but will peek in as internet is available. Feel free to leave me messages, for publication and otherwise. I'll either read them there along the way, or as soon as I am back.

Meanwhile, to celebrate, go get some fine Swiss cheese or chocolate and think of me. I know I'll be thinking of you!

3 comments:

Lovella ♥ said...

Terry took me on a date this morning, and I looked up to the sky as a plane crossed over and thought of you and your Bernie crossing the ocean.
Have a wonderful time, can't wait to hear all about your adventures.

Becky said...

Jill, I am soooo glad that I took the time at school today to see what you are up to. Its been weeks since reading your blog! Have the most wonderful time yodeling, visiting Hiedi, and eating lots of chocolate in Confédération suisse, or Confederarazione Svizzera, or Confederaziun svizra or Schweizerische Eidgenossenschaft.

Did you know:
*Women were not granted suffrage in Switzerland until 1971?
*The Swiss company Nestle began when Henri Nestle, a pharmacist, developed and marketed milk for feeding babies?
*From 1859 Swiss citizens could no longer serve as mercenaries in foreign armies? good thing to know!)
*Swiss Guards still protect the Pope at the Vatican? ( I guess if your are not in someone else's army and just have your own in foeriegn countries, its okay. Besides, if you are working for the Pope, isn't that a mercy mission?)
and, *Alpenhorns are large woodwind instruments and are played during Swiss Alpine folk music together with Yodeling, a kind of singing. (all facts found from: http://www.worldinfozone.com/facts.php?country=Switzerland

So pick up that Alpenhorn, and play yourself some freedom tune while the hubby yodels along! Happy days! and looking forward to hearing about your adventures!

Thoughts on Life and Millinery. said...

Becky;
Oh darn...I was hoping I could move to Switzerland as a mercenary librarian.
"The L Team."
Oh yea!