Sunday, April 08, 2007

Millinery: Lavender Easter hat

I added the above flower last night, and the bead "fall" (picture below) on top of some additional leaves that I also fashioned last night.
Using the vintage stamen was so cool, it added just the right touch of mauve to the flower.
The purple beaded balls on the center of the flower was a trim I acquired in the interior fabric and trims section of a yardage store.
The balls were about an inch apart; I gathered the silk ribbon that they dangled from and made it into a compact design element.

I'm always on the prowl for something new.
I also added a few more of the little purple flowers, and the beads were a lampshade bead trim, again I gathered and compacted the ribbon upon which the beads were sewn.

2 comments:

Ladygrande said...

Lovely you are!

Becky said...

You are beautiful, and the hat is pretty mighty fine too. I love all the detail you put into it, but unfortunately, it would appear that it is lost on the average heighted person, like me. Thanks for sharing the pictures! One day, I really would love to see your work in person! Seeing you in real time would be pretty fantastic too. :)