Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Going about life

It did rain a lot yesterday, and there was a tornado watch as well, but all in all, it was not too big of a deal. The predicted hail fell in a county northwest of us.

I spent the day cleaning, washing floors and dealing with the after effects of a burnt-popcorn-in-the-microwave episode. Is there anything more pervasive than that odor? The grout between the tiles behind the microwave captured a lot of the smoke stain.

I think we'll be getting a new microwave; there's just no way to eliminate the smokey residue within its internal mechanisms. Believe me, I've used everything on the market and tried old wives tale remedies to boot.

As typical, Tiggie and Hart were absolutely no help during all this domesticity. They figured they would just lay low, and try to stay out of my way.

Hart wishes he had found a place to lay low away from Tigs.

This morning all is sunny and bright.
Tiggie is well rested and went out for a walk in the garden.

I shot this through the window, hence a bit of my reflection is clouding an otherwise charming picture.

I've still got a lot of catch up house work to do.

My mom and her friend June are flying in on Thursday for a visit.

They are both named "June", two of the three Junes in their Bible study class.

I wonder why people don't name their June born babies "June" any more.

I don't know about other housewives, but for me, there's nothing like company a'coming to motive a burst of sparkling clean cleaning.

And while I am working, those cats had better not get in my way!

3 comments:

Kate said...

I don't even wanna know HOW you know the smell is in the grout between the tiles behind your microwave. I have no idea what is behind my microwave. I DO know that the only way to set the clock on it is to pull the plug at exactly 1:01. Some Hausfrau here eh? Good thing I have other talents.

Be seeing you soon, Dear!
Kate Q:-)

P.S. Love the snuggling cats pic.

Kate said...

This is hilarious! I just typed a whole other Comment and Google popped up this visual verification thing again (deleting my comment) and the visual verification has a little box with an x in it. Do you suppose if I put x in there it will work? Ha!

Kate Q:-0

Lovella ♥ said...

I love the Tiggie and Hart picture. Such comrades. I couldn't help but notice that they have the manners to rest on a provided blanket as well. I agree, there is nothing as energizing than a bit of company on its way, and aren't you a delight to have it smelling fresh and clean for their arrival. It looks like you have a garden bench, so whimsical and relaxing looking.