Tuesday, December 26, 2006

The Day after Christmas

Christmas over, mommies get back to caring for their babies.

I had two babies myself, a girl and a boy. So two baby mice for my collection.

I suppose the littlest should be in a blue blanket.

I just saw my baby girl, LauraRN, an hour ago at UCSD Thornton Hospital, where she is working in the Bone Marrow Transplant unit. I got to meet her co-workers, and be reminded once again that a day of health is a gift to be appreciated greatly.

I'm writing this from the San Diego's Lindberg Airport, waiting for our flight to see the boy baby in Salt Lake.

We had Christmas Eve at my in-laws, Christmas Day at my folks, and we'll have Day after Christmas in SLC.

Three Christmas's!!!!! A record for us!

Of course as a Mommy Mouse, I did a lot of House Mouse stuff.

It would have been much more fun if I could have worn a little cap and blue gingham while I swept.

I usually wore jeans.

What was I thinking, how dull.


I loved to garden.

In jeans.

I don't think I would have liked to garden dressed like this mouse.

She reminds me of Tasha Tudor, the children's book illustrator who dresses and lives as if it is still 1830.

I'm looking forward to attending a showing in Feb. that will include a collection of Tasha's gowns from the early 1830's that she collected over the years.

Something to look forward to, for certain.
Posted by Picasa Hmmm...I suppose it would have been fun to clean up the house dressed like this.

She's also one of my original mice, and has a poem, which ends with Merry Christmas and Happy New Year in French.

Cleaver little mousie.

2 comments:

Danna said...

Glad you had a Merry Christmas!

Anonymous said...

With all the hustle and bustle of the holidays I haven't read your blog since before Thanksgiving. It was fun to see all your Christmas mice and to know we share the same anniversary day, Dec. 18, although we were married in 1971. And at a Presbyterian church, too. My gown was an Alfred Angelo empire waist with square neck, bishop sleeves and lace trim. I wore a cathedral length mantilla and carried white roses surrounded by holly. The bridesmaids wore midnight blue velvet, the maid of honor wore deep ruby and Dave wore a blue tux shirt. So 70's!