Sunday, December 17, 2006

Couples

Guess who showed up in my Christmas stocking thirty years ago?
Their married friends include Albert and Victoria, who arrived in the stocking the year Mom and I went to Jolly Old England together.
Miles Standish and Priscilla, who arrived the year I finally got to visit New England, and my family's ancestral home in Haverhill Massachusetts (ca 1684)
Posted by Picasa These two arrived separately, but paired up right away.

He's was one of the first few mice, from the church tour collection, so he has a poem:

"I'm a happy Christmas Elf
In Santa's shop I stay
I hammer, paint and fix the toys
That Santa carries on his sleigh."

(or at least he did until Little Red Riding Hood batted her big black eyes at him and offered him goodies from her basket...)

No comments: