Wednesday, November 01, 2006

A few more SLC pictures

From our Red Butte garden walk...

This is an ENORMOUS leaf. See the black dot?

That is my class ring.

"Where are you?" "Chi-ca-go!"

Two boy quail hoofing it after a little female.
She flew off.

I love how their top notch dangles in front of their faces.
The hills are brown above the garden, in a few more weeks (or days...) they will be covered in snow.

There were so many gorgeous picture, I may slip one or two more in along the way as I blog through autumn.

We are supposed to get down to about mid 50's today here in Houston. I sure hope so as I have a lot of house catch up to do, and it is alway easier to do when it is cool.

I'm a little torn, as today is the first day of National Novel Writing Month (NANOWRIMO). Each year there is a challenge to write 50,000 words in one month, quality be damned, just write, and I'd like to give it a shot for fun. But I'm not sure if I can put in the time.

We'll see how it goes.

The last picture from the trip: The Official Bean and Cheese Burrito stop. Houston has a gosh awful thing called Tex-Mex, which doesn't even come close to Mexican food as we knew it in San Diego. SLC has an "Albertos", the generic name of all Mexican hole in the wall restaurants. This one does burritos as good as in San Diego. A bean and cheese burrito, and a Carna Asada burrito, hot carrots and hot sauce: the standing order for all who fly into Houston from either SD or SLC!

Jeff and Erika in matching green, about to enjoy. Aren't they cute????? Posted by Picasa

No comments: