Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Travelog part 4: Olivenheim and millinery collaboration

August 25 I headed up the coast and a tad inland to visit friend Denise and her bird Zoey. I'm not sure if that is the correct spelling of Zoey, but hopefully the bird can't read and won't complain.
I've known Denise since first grade. She also has just achieved an empty nest, with the marriage of her oldest son two weeks ago, and a daughter rambling around central America, and another son who got his own townhouse awhile ago.

Actually, come to think about it, she really doesn't have an empty nest, what with that nine year old bird and all.

Zoey is regularly contributing feathers to my millinery trim collection. I intend to create a stunning cocktail hat (she's a cockatoo, get it???) using both the elegant matte white feathers and the lemony crest feathers.

And yeah, I do think it is a family thing to make hats from feathers of birds that we knew personally.


Posted by Picasa

No comments: