Thursday, July 20, 2006

Millinery: In the Pink

Pink parasisol straw hood (did you know it takes a weaver five days to make one hood-the blank straw hat shape?)
Ribbon flowers created by me.
Finally decided to do a bias drape after fighting a wide satin pink ribbon that did nothing for the hat.
How many times did I block it?
Four.
One low crown, one high crown, (see prior post!) one inverted crown with flat brim,
and finally....

Tally ho!

A riding hat shape galloped into my creative mind's eye, as I walked between the kitchen and the hat room.

This hat and the purple "It's the Berries" hat are for sale!
I plan to propose doing a trunk show at a local shop, but that is still in the dream stage. Get 'em before the merchant jacks up the price!


 Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Kate said...

Gorgeous! I wish you well, Jill!
Kate Q:-)

Anonymous said...

W-O-W!!!!!!!!! What an utterly fantastic hat!!!! 4th times the charm! I'm impress mom! Pip-pip and Cheerio!!! Let the races begin!

Anonymous said...

Hey Jill, I like it!
Nicole